Orange Shake Up is one of the best thirst-quenching and refreshing, easy to make a drink that requires just 3 ingredients to prepare.
With the pandemic across the world, are you missing fair and carnival food and activities?? I am missing it a lot along with my little one. We keep watching videos of the rides he enjoyed last year and remember those fun times.
Last year was the first time I visited a carnival with my little one and from then we have been a big fan of shakeups, funnel cake, and elephant ears. We have started preparing them at home now and very frequently.
The shakeups you buy at the fair and carnival are loaded full of sugar. The good thing about making it at home is you are able to control the amount of sugar you add and thus fewer calories. Yuppie!!
What is Shake Up?
Shake ups are one of the staples you find at any fair or carnival you visit throughout the summer and fall. This mainly comes in two flavors lemon and orange. The combination of sweet and full of citrus flavor is the highlight in this drink.
How do you prepare Shakeup?
Freshly squeeze juice from orange or lemon as per your liking or combine both. Add sugar to balance out the citrus flavor. Add a pinch of salt and fill the shaker with crushed ice. Add water to cover the ice. Give this a good shake till the sugar is dissolved.
Taste it and adjust the freshly squeezed juice for strong flavor and sugar for additional sweetness. Pour this in a tall serving glass with orange or lemon wedges, sip it and enjoy.
These are some of my favorite and popular carnival and fair food which you can easily do at home
I will soon share recipes for some of these. Stay tuned.
- Elephant ears
- Funnel cake
- Cotton candy
- Corn on the cob
- Kettle corn
Also, check the simple 2 ingredient recipe for elephant ears using Puff pastry (palmiers or little hearts).
What is your favorite carnival and state fair food and activities? Are you missing it the way we do?
While you are, feel free to check out some of my favorite and best drink recipes
- Dulce de leche Milkshake - popular on blog
- Iced Coffee
- Blueberry Mojito
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Cranberry Beer
- Falooda ( Ice cream Float)
- Classic Virgin Mojito
DETAILED RECIPE FOR ORANGE SHAKE UP
Orange Shake Up
- 3 Oranges , extract juice only
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 2 ½ cups Water
- Crushed ice
- Pinch of salt optional
- 1 Orange cut into wedges or slices
- Freshly squeeze juice from orange. Add sugar to balance out the citrus flavor.3 Oranges, 2 tablespoon Sugar
- Add a pinch of salt and fill the shaker with crushed ice. Add water to cover the ice. Give this a good shake till the sugar is dissolved.Crushed ice, Pinch of salt, 2 ½ cups Water
- Taste it and adjust the freshly squeezed juice for strong flavor and sugar for additional sweetness.
- Pour this into a tall serving glass with orange wedges, sip it and enjoy.1 Orange
- You can also combine juice of lemon to this if desired.
- You can also prepare just lemon shake up the same way.
- Depending on the taste of the juice from freshly squeezed oranges adjust sugar.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***
This looks so refreshing, just what I was craving on a hot day!