Blueberry Mojito is a refreshing and flavorful drink which is perfect for hot summer days. I am presenting a non-alcoholic version here, but you may as well add a splash of your favorite rum and surprise your guest at your next cocktail party.
Whenever my friends host cocktail parties I get last minute calls for drink recipes for guests who are teetotalers. I am sure some of you may have been in similar situation, specially if you are hosting a party at the very last minute. But, take it from me that it is indeed very easy to to wow your guests with simple drink recipes like this one.
In my high-school days, whenever I dined at restaurants with family my default drink order used to be either lime-soda or lassi. I tried virgin mojito for the first time, during my college days, at a KFC outlet in India. I just loved the flavor of muddled lime and mint, served with mildly sweetened sparkling water. Since then, whenever I go to a restaurant that serves virgin mojito, then there is no second thought, I know for sure what I am going to order. Simple flavors come together and makes this drink irresistible .
After coming to United States, I regularly prepare many varieties of simple drink recipes using seasonal fruits. Blueberries are now in season, and its addition to a drink like mojito is like match made in heaven. Do try out this simple drink recipe a try. I am sure that the color, flavor and taste will make you prepare this drink often. I have used naturally sweetened sparking water in this recipe, feel free to substitute it with a combination of any sweetener of your choice and sparking water.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves : 1 tall glass
Ingredients for Blueberry Mojito
Blueberries - 6
Mint leaves - 5
Blueberry puree - ⅓ cup
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
Crushed ice - ½ cup
Sweetened sparkling water / Soda - ¼ cup
Lemon slices - 2
Steps to prepare Blueberry Mojito
- In a tall glass, muddle blueberries with mint leaves using back of spoon or pestle until they are crushed.
- Add in the lemon juice, blueberry puree and stir.
- Fill the glass with the crushed ice and top it with sparking water (soda water). Garnish it with lemon wedges, mint leaves and blueberries.
- Blueberry Mojito is ready. Serve and enjoy.
- For blueberry puree, wash and add blueberries with little water in blender, blend it smooth puree.
- If using plain soda water, add sugar or any other sweetener for desired sweetness. You can also use Sprite or other similarly flavored fizzy drinks.
- You can add any fresh fruit of your choice.
- You can add splash of rum to make this drink alcoholic.
You can also check out other summer recipes like :
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Strawberry popsicles
- Tempered buttermilk
- Homemade grape juice
- Iced coffee
- Flavored tomato juice