Cranberry Lemonade is a tasty and refreshing drink with perfect mix of sweet and sourness provided by cranberries. Spread holiday cheer this season with this gorgeous drink.
I decided to participate in the Holiday Blogger Recipe Challenge by Cape Cod Select using their premium frozen cranberries. This challenge required me to prepare a recipe (baking or entree or beverage) using cranberries. I love cranberries so much that I did not have to think twice before applying to this contest. I am glad that I was selected to participate in this challenge. The folks at Cape Cod were prompt in sending me their products and following up with me during the process. It has been a pleasure!
I have already submitted my entry for baking category (cranberry frangipane tart) and entree category (cranberry pesto pasta). Wish me good luck guys Also do not forget to follow Cape Cod Select on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest as they provide regular updates on products, contests, recipes and more. Also check nearby stores for this great product.
Cranberry lemonade is one of my favorites among the lemonades. It hardly takes a few minutes to prepare this drink. When lemonade is combined with natural flavorings of any fruit, it takes the drink to a next level. Cranberries in particular provide the right amount of sweet fruity notes and tartness to the drink, and also gives it a gorgeous pink color. This homemade cranberry lemonade beats any store bought counterparts hands down both on taste and visual appeal. As cranberries are available plenty during the holiday season, it makes perfect sense to prepare and serve this lemonade drink during your upcoming holiday and New Year parties. And if you use Cape Cod Select’s premium frozen cranberries you can prepare this any time of the year! This drink is also a crowd favorite during game nights and tailgating events. The cranberry lemonade syrup can be used to prepare both mocktails (as shown in the post below) or cocktails such as Cranberry Mojito, Cosmopolitan, Cranberry Mule, Cranberry Margaritas, and Sex on the Beach among others.
While this recipe does call for addition of sugar as a sweetener, you may as well substitute it with other natural sweeteners like honey or agave nectar or you may feel free to skip it.
Preparation time : 10 minutes
Serves : 3 to 4
Ingredients for Cranberry Lemonade
Cape Cod Select Premium Frozen Cranberries – 1 1/2 cups
Water – 3 cups
Sugar – 1 1/2 cups
Lemon juice – 1 1/2 cups
Sparkling or Still water – for serving
Steps to prepare Cranberry Lemonade
- In a pan on medium high heat add frozen cranberries, water, sugar and bring to a boil.
- Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pass this sweetened cranberry mix through a sieve and using a spoon extract all the liquid, leaving behind only dry cranberry pulp.
- To the extracted cranberry syrup add freshly squeezed lemon juice and let it cool to room temperature.
- Cranberry lemonade concentrate is now ready. This can be stored in refrigerator for at least one week.
- To serve add cranberry syrup and cold sparkling water (or still water) in 1:1 ratio into a glass filled with ice.
- Cranberry Lemonade is now ready. Serve with a slice of lemon, few torn leaves of mint or basil and enjoy!
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***