Carrot Halwa Cake is a fusion dessert that is rich, incredibly moist and filled with full of flavor. It is then topped with sour cream glaze which compliments it very well. And the end result is, the best CARROT CAKE you will ever make!
Carrot Halwa is a delicious, melt in mouth Indian pudding prepared using carrots, milk or condensed milk, butter or ghee, cardamom powder and dry fruits and nuts of your choice. In India, Carrot Halwa is prepared during winter months as carrots are in season. And here in USA, many of my friends prepare Carrot Cake for Christmas parties.
This year my cousin is hosting a Christmas party at her house and to surprise everyone I have decided to combine my two favorite things in the world, halwa and cake, and prepare this delicious Carrot Halwa Cake recipe.
You will not only love the end result but make it again and again and won't wait for Christmas or any special occasion. I also gave few cake slices to my friends and they just loved it. Even they were excited to try this at home. So this recipe is for my lovely friends and to all my readers. Make sure you bake them for your next dinner party, Christmas or Easter gatherings.
I am drooling thinking of the cake while writing this post and I just grabbed my 3rd slice for the day... 🙂
You can find detailed recipe for here for Carrot Halwa. I have prepared carrot halwa using a shortcut method. Once you have this ready you will only have to mix it with basic cake ingredients and you are done.
To prepare Carrot Halwa Cake, in a large bowl, combine
To prepare Sour Cream Glaze, i
This recipe is eggless. You can also make it vegan by substituting milk with almond milk or coconut milk. I have not added any nuts and dry fruits to my cake batter as I have already added it while preparing
Detailed recipe for Carrot Halwa Cake With Sour Cream Glaze
Carrot Halwa Cake With Sour Cream Glaze
For the Cake
- 2 ½ cup All purpose flour Maida
- 3 teaspoon Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ½ cup Sugar
- 1 ½ cup + 3 tbsp Whole milk
- 4 tablespoon Oil Coconut / Vegetable / Canola Oil - Any oil of your preference
- 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Carrot Halwa recipe link for carrot halwa
For the Sour Cream Glaze
- ½ cup Sour cream
- 1 cup Confectioner's Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Almonds sliced
Step 1 - For the cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the bread loaf baking pan and keep it aside
- In a bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and mix.2 ½ cup All purpose flour, 3 teaspoon Baking powder, ½ teaspoon Salt, ½ cup Sugar
- Now add milk, oil, vanilla extract and mix until everything comes together. Do not over mix the batter.1 ½ cup + 3 tablespoon Whole milk, 4 tablespoon Oil, 1 ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Fold in Carrot Halwa.1 cup Carrot Halwa
- Transfer the batter to a greased loaf pan and bake for about 50 minutes to 1 hour or until done. That is, a toothpick or knife when inserted comes out clean. My oven took exactly 60 minutes to bake this.
- Allow it to cool down completely on a wire rack or pan even before you glaze the cake (atleast 2 hours).
Step 2 - For the glaze
- In a bowl, whisk together the confectioners sugar, vanilla extract and sour cream until smooth and creamy.1 cup Confectioner's Sugar, 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract, ½ cup Sour cream
- Drizzle this on top of the cake and then garnish it with some sliced almonds.1 tablespoon Almonds
- Carrot Halwa Cake is now ready. Serve and Enjoy.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***