Mushroom In Black Pepper Sauce / Mushroom Kali Mirch is a delicious and spicy curry that can be served with rice, pita, naan or other flat breads. This dish can be prepared in less than 30 minutes. A perfect dish for your dinner parties or when you have surprise guests at home.
Chicken kali mirch /Murgh kali mirch is a very popular dish in India and is a perfect treat for all spicy food lovers. My family loves this gravy so much that I end up preparing it every other weekend. Recently I had few guests visiting us of which some of them were vegetarians. I wanted my vegetarian guests to get the taste and feel of this delicious dish. And vegetable that is close to meat is mushroom with its soft and chewy texture. So I thought why not use them?
The outcome was a super hit. Not only did my vegetarian friends loved this dish, so did the meat lovers!
While you are here don't miss to check out Chicken kali mirch / Chicken in black pepper sauce. You can also substitute mushroom with potatoes, paneer, tofu, eggplant or babycorn. If you are mushroom lover like us then check this out
- mushroom butter masala
- spicy garlic mushroom
- mushroom in garlic butter
- mushroom cheese pasta
- mushroom in garlic cream sauce
- mushroom pizza with caramelized onions
- mushroom cheddar parmesan muffins
- quick mushroom biryani
- babycorn mushroom ghee roast
- mushroom sukka
- mushroom cheese rice
Preparation time : 30 minutes
Serves : 4
Ingredients for Mushroom In Black Pepper Sauce
Mushroom chopped lengthwise - 8 oz or 230 grams
Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon + 1 tsp
Black peppercorns - 1 tbsp
Big Onion roughly chopped - 1
Garlic crushed - 5
Green chile / Serrano pepper roughly chopped - 1
Ginger chopped - 1 inch
Coriander leaves / Cilantro - 3 starnds
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Yogurt / Vegan yogurt - 2 tbsp
Dried Mint leaves / Pudina - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste
Steps to prepare Mushroom In Black pepper Sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a pan and add black peppercorns. Saute this on medium flame till it starts to sizzle in oil.
- Now add in onion, garlic, green chile, ginger with pinch of salt and saute this till it becomes dark golden in color.
- Blend the sauteed ingredient along with coriander leaves and ½ cup of water to form a smooth paste.
- In the same pan add 1 teaspoon oil, cumin seeds and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add in the chopped mushrooms and saute til its cooked and develops some color.
- Now add the blended paste along with some water if required for desired consistency and bring it to boil. Simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add in yogurt, mint leaves and salt and mix it quickly so that the yogurt does not curdle. Cook for another 2 more minutes. Switch off the flame.
- Mushroom in Black Pepper Sauce is now ready. Serve it with rice, pita, naan or other flat breads and enjoy.
- If you like the gravy very spicy, add in another ½ tablespoon of peppercorns.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***