Mushroom Pizza With Caramelized Onions is a classic, incredibly delicious and flavorful pizza prepared using sauteed mushrooms, caramelized onions and cheese.
I first had this pizza in Kings Rosemont restaurant and I must say, it is one of the best pizza that I have tried so far. Whenever we order pizza, we hardly eat 2 slices and get the rest packed. This was for the first time we finished off the entire pizza even after having drinks and appetizer.
The caramelized onions combined with sauteed mushroom, cheese and topped with arugula makes it irresistible. This pizza is much much better than any takeout pizza. This is truly a treat for all mushroom and pizza lovers. You can also check out kale pesto pizza, mushroom in garlic cream sauce and other mushroom recipes on my blog.
Preparation time : 1 hour 30 minutes
Serves : 14 inch pizza
Ingredients for Mushroom Pizza With Caramelized Onions
All purpose flour - 1 ½ cup
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt - ¾ tsp
Yeast - 2 ¼ teaspoon ( 1 packet)
Warm water - ⅔ cup
Mushroom chopped lengthwise - 8 oz
Brie cheese - 4 oz
Mozzarella grated - ¾ to 1 cup
Onion chopped lengthwise - 2
Salt - to taste
Olive oil - 1 ½ tbsp
Arugula - ½ to 1 cup
Pepper powder - to taste
Olive oil - to drizzle
Steps to prepare Mushroom Pizza With Caramelized Onions
Step I (Preparing the pizza dough)
- In a bowl with warm water, add sugar and yeast and let it sit until yeast is activated.
- Now add salt, flour, and knead it until you get a smooth elastic dough. You may have to vary the amount of flour depending on the weather condition.
- Cover and let it sit for 30 minutes to 1 hour or until nearly doubled in size.
Step II ( Caramelize Onions)
- Heat olive oil in a non stick pan. Add onions, pinch of salt and stir so that the onions are coated with oil.
- Continue cooking for about 20 minutes to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally on medium to low flame until onions become golden and caramelized.
- In the same pan, add mushrooms and saute till it develops color and is cooked. You can also use shitake or portobello mushrooms.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
- Transfer the risen dough from step I to a well floured surface, and roll it to desired shape and thickness.
- Spread the caramelized onion, sauteed mushroom, mozzarella cheese, brie cheese
- Drizzle some olive oil on top.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes or until done.
- In a bowl, add the arugula, sprinkle some salt, pepper powder, drizzle olive oil and toss until its well coated.
- Once the pizza is done, you can top the pizza with arugula or serve it as a side with pizza.
- Mushroom Pizza is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- Vary the amount of pizza toppings as desired.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***