Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bread is soft and moist, delectable bread recipe that is perfect way to enjoy the flavors of pumpkin during fall.
I love fall. I love the colors, weather and most importantly pumpkins. I have at least one dish prepared everyday using pumpkin this month. It might be sweet or savory, we just love them.
This pumpkin chocolate swirl bread has a mixed flavor of spices, pumpkin, nuts and semisweet chocolate. The aroma that comes out of the kitchen is just amazing and once its ready and served, it will disappear in no time. So reserve a piece for you and serve the rest 🙂
You will see variety of pumpkin recipes this month on my blog. Hope you enjoy and have a great Fall season!
Preparation time : 1 hour
Serves : 1 loaf
Ingredients for Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bread
Egg - 2
Pumpkin paste - 1 cup
Salt - ½ tsp
Sugar - ¾ cup
Baking powder - ½ tsp
Baking soda - 1 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1 tsp
Cardamom powder - ⅛ tsp
Vegetable oil - ½ cup
All purpose flour - 2 cups
Raisins - ¼ cup
Almonds - ¼ cup
Semi sweet chocolate chip - ¾ cup
Steps to prepare Pumpkin Chocolate Swirl Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Whisk eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add the pumpkin paste, salt, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla extract, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, vegetable oil and mix.
- Now add the all purpose flour and mix gently. Do not overmix.
- Add the nuts and fold them in the batter.
- Melt the semi sweet chocolate chip in microwave or double boiler.
- Place a parchment paper on a loaf pan.
- Spread a layer of pumpkin batter prepared on a loaf pan.
- Then spread a layer of melted chocolate
- Using a knife gently swirl the chocolate into pumpkin batter. Do not overdo it.
- Now spread the remaining pumpkin batter and gently swirl once again.
- Bake in preheated oven for atleast 35 to 40 minutes or until knife or toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow it cool down completely before cutting them into slices. This bread tastes good when it is a day old.
- Pumpkin chocolate Swirl Bread is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
Beautiful bread, have to try this combo..
Thank you Hema 🙂
This looks delicious! I love the pumpkin and chocolate combination and the 'swirly' presentation 🙂
Thank you dear Antonia 🙂
Is there any substitute for eggs? My family is strict vegetarian, so find it very difficult to bake cakes and breads
You can try using sour cream or banana. I have not tried it for this recipe!
Anu-My Ginger Garlic Kitchen
Lovely looking pumpkin chocolate swirl bread, Kushi. So Autumn-Y.
Thank you so much dear Anu 🙂
delicious and prefect with a cup of coffee or tea..nicely done ..chocolate swirl bread..
Thank you so much Nalini 🙂