I am sharing Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas and food recipes with all of you that include soups, bread and rolls, side dishes, appetizers, entrées, and desserts to make your dinner table more impressive and have a wonderful feast with family and friends this holiday season.
Ultimate Thanksgiving Dinner Menu
We are already almost at the end of the year 2022. Thanksgiving and Christmas are around the corner. One of the best seasons to spend time with family and friends, go shopping, watch football, and eat the best food.
I just can't forget how I always wait to eat some of the traditional and popular Thanksgiving delicacies. From perfectly roasted browned turkey, green beans casserole or cheesy potato casserole, roasted carrots, spaghetti squash or butternut squash pasta, and roasted sweet potatoes, to some amazing desserts like pumpkin pie, apple pie, and persimmon pudding or cranberry tart with my family and friends.
Happy Thanksgiving 2022 to all my lovely readers. I really appreciate the love and support you guys have been giving me in my blogging journey and making it a successful one.
The ultimate or traditional classic Thanksgiving dinner menu consists of dinner rolls, one salad recipe, mashed potato or sweet potato casserole, cranberry sauce, corn casserole, and pumpkin pie, along with roasted Turkey.
I have made different sections below that include recipes for bread, bun, rolls, side dishes, salad, main course, entree, and desserts, followed by a few special holiday drink recipes. Thus based on whether you have a large or small crowd or family to entertain, you can choose the dishes you want to prepare.
I highly recommend you check out all the options listed in each section and then build your menu. There are some interesting and easy recipes that you can make to surprise your guests on Thanksgiving.
This post is my way of saying thanks to all who have been supporting me in my journey by giving a list of recipes with which you can prepare your Thanksgiving dinner or potluck menu in one go.
Bread, buns, rolls
Bread, bun, and rolls are very important for any meal. Spread the butter on warm bread and start off your meal; serve it with soup and salad, or use it to soak all the gravy on your plate. I have recipes for special pull-apart bread, dinner rolls, corn bread, and traditional rolls. Pick your favorite from the list.
When you have a heavy main course or entree on your dinner plate, you definitely need something light and refreshing to balance out your meal, right? Below I share some of the best, simple, and easy-to-make salad recipes to brighten your Thanksgiving meal.
Thanksgiving Side Dishes
Any great meal is incomplete without delicious side dishes that complement it. I have recipes for simple thanksgiving side dishes that include garlic roasted potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, corn, and mushroom. Pick your favorite
Vegetarian & Vegan Main dishes for Thanksgiving
This section is all about vegetarian and vegan main dishes that are going to be a total crowd pleaser at your Thanksgiving dinner table. Having said that, if you are going to serve this with roasted turkey, then you can even take these as sides, but definitely, these are worth trying for your Thanksgiving dinner.
I have recipes for cheesy-loaded cauliflower, potato casserole, gratin potatoes, burgers, pasta, savory pie, and more.
Turkey & Meat
I have one turkey recipe followed by other meat recipes like chicken and shrimp. I agree that turkey is a classic and traditional recipe for your Thanksgiving dinner. But this year, why not cook a small turkey and then cook another showstopper recipe from the one below if you really want to go with meat?
If you want to go with showstopper vegetarian and vegan dishes for your thanksgiving dinner table, then just pick one from the section below.
If you are looking for a small turkey with boneless breasts and a complete meal idea for a small crowd check this recipe below.
There is always room for dessert even after a heavy Thanksgiving dinner. In this section, I have shared some of the best dessert recipes, from pumpkin pie, mixed fruit pie, apple cake, and cookies, to peanut butter fudge. Pick your favorite.
Some Special Drink recipes
Finally, I share some simple, unique, and special drink recipes to brighten your Thanksgiving dinner table.
Detailed recipes for Thanksgiving dinner, Potluck, or Party food that includes soups, salads, bread, rolls, buns, side dishes, appetizers, entrée, desserts, and drinks
Best Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes | Ultimate Thanksgiving Dinner Menu Ideas
Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
- 2 tablespoon Butter, melted
- 2 tablespoon Coconut oil or Olive oil
- 2 tablespoon Cilantro or Parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- 24 Baby Potatoes (or 6 to 8 large potatoes)
- 2 tablespoon Butter, melted
- ¾ teaspoon Salt (adjust to taste)
- Nicely wash, drain and pat dry the potatoes.
- Cut one small portion of potato on one side to create a flat base. Place the flat surface at the bottom. Use the chopstick as a guide on two sides and cut straight down till it touches the chopstick into thin or thick slices, the way you prefer.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line your baking pan with parchment paper and keep it aside.
- Arrange the cut potatoes in a single layer in the baking pan. Brush each potato with melted butter and sprinkle some salt.
- Bake for a total of 30 to 40 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Add melted butter, oil, cilantro, garlic powder, salt, and mix in a pan.
- Halfway through the baking process (around the 15-minute mark), brush each potato with this garlic herbed butter oil and continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the edges are crispy and inside is cooked and creamy.
- Once it comes out of the oven, brush again with remaining garlic herbed butter oil, serve and enjoy.
How are you planning to celebrate Thanksgiving 2022?
Let us know how you have planned and organized for your Thanksgiving dinner table!
Wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving 2022
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***