Roasted Almond Ice Cream or Toasted Almond Ice Cream is an easy-to-make, smooth, and creamy eggless no-churn ice cream with authentic roasted almond flavor and requires only four ingredients to prepare.
The addition of chopped roasted almonds to the ice cream brings delightful crunchiness to each bite. This recipe does not require an ice cream maker, so definitely make sure to try this simple recipe at home.
About Roasted Almond Ice Cream
Roasted almond ice cream is one of my all-time favorites. I first had this ice cream at Natural's in India. I have a few other favorite flavors like tender coconut ice cream, Mango ice cream, chickoo ice cream, litchi ice cream, sitaphal/custard apple ice cream, carrot barfi ice cream, must-try dulce de leche ice cream, etc., and I like to eat all of them in a waffle cone. Whenever I visit India, I make sure to have these ice creams, among other things.
I really wanted to try a good ice cream recipe at home, and because they say first is always the best, I decided why not try my favorite flavor 🙂 But there came my husband and said you please relax today and immediately took charge of the kitchen.
That is really sweet, right? Then he says he is going to prepare my favorite ice cream so that I can have it anytime I want and not wait until my next India visit 🙂
How to make ice cream at home without an ice cream maker?
This was the first time we prepared some ice cream from scratch, and I am happy to report that it was amazing in taste and texture. As long as you ensure that no water is added during the entire process, it prevents the formation of ice crystals upon freezing. Also, gently fold the whipped cream in 3 to 4 batches such that the ice cream mixture is light and airy even after thoroughly combined.
By following these simple steps, you avoid the step of having to mix or churn the ice cream as it freezes and get rich and delicious ice cream every single time. The ice cream will be 10 times better than the store-bought ones.
Ingredients for Roasted Almond Ice Cream
- Almonds - for flavor and crunch. Substitute almonds with cashews, pistachios, almonds, or other nuts of your choice.
- Whole milk - for blending a portion of almonds. You can substitute this with half-and-half, evaporated milk, or any plant-based or nut-based milk.
- Sweetened condensed milk - for richness and light vanilla flavor.
- Heavy cream - for whipping into stiff peaks. Use any dairy or non-dairy whipping cream of your choice.
Refer to the recipe card for a complete list of ingredients and their exact amounts.
Step by Step Recipe
Step 1 - Dry roast the almonds in a pan on a medium flame. Blend a third of these roasted almonds with milk to form a smooth paste. Transfer this paste to a large bowl, add sweetened condensed milk, and mix well.
Step 2 - In a clean bowl, whip heavy cream till it forms firm peaks. Add ⅓ portion of whipped cream to the mixture prepared in Step 1 and fold gently. Repeat the process for the remaining whipped cream. Transfer this to a loaf pan and set it in the freezer for 2 hours.
Step 3 - After 2 hours, remove the ice cream from the freezer, add chopped roasted almonds (remaining from Step 1), and gently fold them into the ice cream Put it back in the freezer and let it set for about 2 to 4 hours or overnight.
Roasted Almond Ice Cream is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
Yes, you can substitute almonds with pistachios or cashew. All other ingredients remain the same. To make it even more richer and classic for special occasions or Diwali, you can make a mix dry fruit and nut ice cream.
Yes. To make it vegan, use non-dairy, full-fat coconut milk, and vegan condensed milk.
Homemade ice creams stay well in the freezer for up to 7 to 10 days. Ensure, to cover the loaf pan with a lid or use aluminum foil to prevent the formation of any ice crystals, and maintain the freshness of the ice cream.
More delicious summer recipes to try
If you like this Roasted Almond Ice cream or Toasted Almond Ice Cream, don't miss to check out other delicious recipes for summer!!
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section. You can also stay in touch with us through social media by following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Best Roasted Almond Ice Cream | Easy Toasted Almond Ice Cream
- ⅔ cup Almonds
- ⅓ cup Whole Milk
- 14 oz Sweetened condensed milk 400 g
- 1 pint Heavy Cream (473 ml)
- Dry roast the almonds in pan on a medium flame till you get a nice aroma for about 4 minutes.⅔ cup Almonds
- In a blender take ⅓ cup of the roasted almond (from above), milk and blend it to a smooth paste. Transfer this to a large bowl.⅓ cup Whole Milk
- To the same bowl add sweetened condensed milk and using a beater whisk well.14 oz Sweetened condensed milk
- In a separate clean bowl, whip heavy cream till it forms firm peaks.1 pint Heavy Cream
- Add ⅓ portion of whipped cream to the mixture prepared in step 1 and fold gently.
- Repeat the process for the remaining whipped cream.
- Transfer this to a loaf pan and set it in freezer for 2 hours.
- While the ice cream is setting, chop the remaining roasted almonds (from Step 1).
- After 2 hours remove the ice cream from freezer, add in the chopped almonds and gently fold them into the ice cream
- Put it back in freezer and let it set for about 3 to 4 hours or overnight.
- Roasted Almond Ice Cream is now ready. Serve and enjoy.
- You can substitute almonds with cashews, pistachios, walnuts, pecans, etc.
Note: We originally posted this recipe in September 2016. It has now been modified in June 2023 with FAQs, Storage Instructions, etc.