Strawberries and Cream is the simplest, best and delicious no bake dessert one can make. The combination of fresh whipped cream and strawberries is truly a treat!
This is my old blog post edited with new pictures. This post is also special to me as this was one my first blog post that was really liked by my readers and got good views so far!!
Coming back to strawberries and cream or strawberry parfaits, I call this a best weekend time pass recipe. I have a good reason to say that. Weekends are the time I really don't feel like cooking and baking. I love to just sit and relax with my loved ones.
My family loves dessert and it is only weekends we get to sit and spend some time together eating and chatting. On one such weekend, to satisfy sweet cravings for all of us, I ended up preparing this quick dessert specially because strawberries were in season. My little one joins hand to whip the cream and he loves it so much.
My husband says that this is a popular food choice among tennis fans during Wimbledon Grand Slam - very interesting right? You can check more details on that in google 🙂 Plus, if I don't give my husband credit on this recipe, I will be wrong 🙂 I was very much impressed when he prepared this dessert for me for the first time when I came to USA. The recipe below is also referred sometimes as Strawberries Romanoff where some variants use sour cream instead of whipped cream.
Fresh strawberries are available in plenty in the Farmer's market and nearby grocery stores where I live. When it is peak strawberry season, I make sure to get a large batch of these sweet nature's goodness and prepare different delicacies. I must say that this dessert is one of the best way to enjoy the fresh strawberries.
Whenever my family and friends visit us during strawberry season, they know I have something special prepared using it 🙂 What according to you is the best way to eat fresh strawberries?
These are some of my favorite recipes using strawberries
- Berry Pie
- Strawberry Galette
- Strawberry popsicles
- Strawberry banana smoothie
- Strawberry shortcake
- Strawberry Nutella Crepes
To make strawberries and cream :
Detailed recipe for Strawberries and Cream
STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM
- 1 pound Strawberries chopped lengthwise
- 2 tablespoon Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 pint Heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, add strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract and mix well. Keep this aside for 1 hour so that the juices are released from the fruit.
- In another bowl, whip together heavy cream, sugar, confectioners sugar, vanilla extract till you get medium stiff peaks.
- This tastes the best when served chill. Arrange strawberries and cream in layer and keep in refrigerator till you are ready to serve.
- You can skip confectioners sugar in the recipe.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***