Best Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes - Even after a grand Thanksgiving dinner, there is always room for desserts.
Desserts served at dinner parties are similar to the climax scenes in spectacular movies. I have covered everything from classic pumpkin pie to cakes, cookies, bars, tarts, crisps, pudding, and some unique holiday-themed desserts. It's your turn now to pick your favorite dessert to give a perfect ending to your Thanksgiving feast.
Thanksgiving Pies & Tarts
The Thanksgiving table is incomplete without the pie, especially the classic pumpkin pie with a crispy crust and smooth filling full of holiday flavors. But did you know along with pumpkin pie, other pies such as cranberry pie, apple pie, and sweet potato pies are popular during Thanksgiving?
Also, pies are one of the best dessert recipes you can make in advance to reduce your stress on the day of Thanksgiving.
Below are some of the best pies to prepare for Thanksgiving
- Pumpkin Pie with Streusel Topping
- Berry Pie for all seasons with Strawberries, Blueberries
- Cranberry Frangipane Tart
- Apple Rose Tart with Dulce de Leche
- Cranberry Orange Pie
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie
- Gluten-free Pecan Pie with Maple Syrup and Maple Dulce De Leche
- Pumpkin Coconut Cream Pie
- Purple Sweet Potato Pie with Torched Meringue
- Cranberry Curd Tart
Now, if you ask me whether I would like to go for a cake or pie? I would vote for both. Both have equal places at the Thanksgiving dinner table. Here are some of the best cakes that you can try this Thanksgiving. Love cheesecake, apple, pumpkin, sweet potato, or cranberry cake? I have covered them all. Choose your favorite holiday flavor, and you can bake the cake ahead of time to make your task easier. Below are some options - do try one out and let me know how it turned out!
- Panettone - Italian Bread Dessert
- Apple Cake with Crumb Topping
- Sweet Potato Pie Cake
- Sweet Potato Pound Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- The Philadelphia Caramel Pecan Cheesecake
- Cranberry Swirl Cheesecake
- No Bake Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Cheesecake & Chocolate Mousse topped with Chocolate Ganache
- Sweet Potato Cake with Marshmallow Buttercream
- Pumpkin Cake with Gingersnap Crust
- Winter Spiced Pecan caramel Cheesecake (No bake)
- Creme Brulee Brownie Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Mini Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Air Fryer Cornbread Cake with Candied Bacon and Honey Buttercream
- Apple Cinnamon Bread
- Caramel Apple Shortcake
- Coquito (Coconut Rum Cheesecake)
- Pumpkin Cake (Crockpot Dessert)
Another best addition to your Thanksgiving menu would be the addition of cookies as they are simple to make, you can make them in advance, and easy to feed the crowd. My two favorites are Nutella Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies and Raspberry White Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Crisps are easier to make than any pies and also they are a delicious way to showcase any seasonal fruit or fall fruit. I have shared recipes for the best apple crisp and apple cranberry crisp below. Make sure to try these out!
Bars & Fudge
These fudge and bars are so easy to make and delicious that your guests will come for second servings. Pick your holiday favorite fudge & bars below:
- No-bake Peanut Butter Fudge
- Healthy Pecan Pie Bars
- Pumpkin Magic Bars
- Paula Deen Pumpkin Bars
Other interesting holiday-themed desserts
This section is my favorite. Here is a list of interesting holiday-themed desserts that are not pie or cake. Definitely worth a try.
- Persimmon Apple Pudding
- Cinnamom rolls with Apple Pie Filling
- Blueberry Galette
- Pavlova Dessert
- Salted Caramel Apple Galette
- Cranberry French Macaron
- Pumpkin Gingersnap Parfait (gluten-free)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- Southern Bourbon Peach Cobbler
- Chai Latte Macarons
- Strawberries and Cream Pavlova
- Cranberry Jello Salad with Cream Cheese Topping
Make Ahead & Store Thanksgiving Desserts
Thanksgiving desserts can be made a day or two days in advance and kept at room temperature or a week before and kept in the refrigerator.
Place each of them in preheated 300 degrees F oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until warmed. Making desserts ahead of time will save a lot of time and make you stress-free on the day of Thanksgiving.
But see that you don't add the toppings or frosting for the cakes, especially fresh fruits when preparing the desserts in advance. Just garnish before you are ready to serve.
Best Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes : Classic Pumpkin Pie
For the Pie Crust
- 1 ½ cup All purpose flour
- 1 stick Ice cold butter
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 teaspoon Sugar
- 5 tablespoon Ice cold water
For the Pumpkin Pie Filling
- 1 can Pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 3 Eggs
- 1 cup Light Brown sugar (check tips)
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- ½ teaspoon Ginger powder
- ¼ teaspoon Nutmeg grated
- ⅛ teaspoon Cloves powder
- ⅛ teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Evaporated milk
- ½ cup Heavy whipping cream
Prepare the Pumpkin Pie Crust
- In a large bowl add flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter pieces using a fork or pastry cutter until butter is evenly distributed. Small speckles or pieces of butter combined with flour, sugar and salt is what we are aiming for.
- Sprinkle ice cold water over this flour mixture 1 or 2 tablespoon at a time and gently mix using your hands till it comes together to form a dough ball. You may also use a food processor to complete the above two steps.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and keep it in refrigerator for about 30 minutes.
For the Pie Filling
- In a large bowl add pumpkin puree, egg, and sugar, whisk until well combined
- Add cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, pepper powder, corn starch, salt, milk and cream. Whisk this until well combined
Roll and bake the Pumpkin Pie
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degree F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into 9 inch circle and place it on greased pie dish. Trim any extra edges. You can either discard or make some leaves using cookie cutter and design your pie.
- Using pie weights, blind bake the crust for 10 minutes.
- Pour the pumpkin pie filling into pre-baked crust. Make sure you pour only ¾ of of the way up. (You can make another pie or mini pie using remaining filling or these mini pumpkin pancake bites).
- Bake for about 50 minutes. (You can cover your crust with aluminium foil at 25 minute mark to avoid it from turning brown) While the pie is baking, in a small bowl, mix oats, sugar, butter, and almonds until crumbly and set aside.
- After 50 minutes, sprinkle the streusel topping and continue baking for another 10 to 15 minutes. Check if it is done every 5 minutes. Do not overbake as it will make your pie crack.
- Allow the pie to cool down completely for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Pumpkin Pie with Streusel Topping is ready. Slice, Serve and Enjoy.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***