Below is a list of the best, simple, and easy-to-make potato recipes for snacks, lunch, dinner, and even breakfast. Oh yes, potatoes any time of the day and any time of the week. There are several ways to cook potatoes. You can mash, fry, steam, boil, or bake them- it tastes great anyway.
Any Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner, Super Bowl party, or any get-together is incomplete without at least one dish with potatoes. It can be the main course of your meal, appetizer, side, starter, finger food, or bite-size snack.
In this post, you will see some of the best and most simple recipe ideas with not only potatoes but also affordable or cheap budget-friendly recipes with potatoes and some unique recipes which are super easy to make.
I generally use russet potatoes and baby potatoes for some of my recipes. But you can try all these recipes with any variety of potatoes, from Russet, Yukon Gold, baby potatoes to even sweet potatoes.
Finally, don't forget to let us know which was your favorite. I have started adding all my new potato recipes here. If you have any food wishes, let us know in the comment section below; we would love to make it for you.
Potato Side dishes, Appetizers, Finger Food
Check out these recipes if you are looking for simple, comforting, and easy potato side dishes and appetizers to serve at your dinner party or for your weeknight meal. You can do a lot more than french fries (finger chips) and wedges.
- Crispy garlic roasted potatoes with herbs of your choice
- Hasselback potatoes - popularly made during Christmas and Thanksgiving dinner
- Honey chilli potatoes or honey sriracha potatoes
- Holiday creamy potato salad
- Cajun-spiced potatoes that are better than what you get at Barbecue Nation
- Loaded vegetarian french fries for the Super Bowl party
- Flaky mushroom potato pie
- Spiral French Fries (new look to your traditional french fries)
- Potato Quesadillas
- Oven-roasted rosemary garlic potatoes - the best accompaniment with your dinner roast.
Potato Main Dishes for Dinner
Potato dishes are really budget-friendly. They are always affordable, and, importantly, because of the carb and starch, they are filling too. Check out some of the main dishes you can make for dinner on a daily basis and for your dinner parties.
- Indian mashed potato stuffed bread called aloo paratha is also one of the best options for your kid's lunch and tiffin box.
- Cheesy crispy potato casserole
- Potato and cauliflower au gratin with goat cheese
- Stuffed Pizza bread where you stuff it with mashed potato and onion filling.
- Cauliflower potato pie
If you are looking for some easy after-school snacks with potatoes, then you should try this out.
- Puff pastry samosa using puff pastry sheets.
- Batata Vada (Aloo Bonda)
- Curry puff or mini veg bites
- Aloo tikki (mashed potato patties that can also be used to make sandwiches or burgers)
- Indian street-style pav bhaji
Potato Recipes Indian
Potatoes, popularly known as aloo or batata in India, are used almost daily, from making simple breakfast to street food or chaat to filling dinner.
- Easy Aloo Chana Chaat (Chickpeas Potato Salad, Indian style)
- Potato in yogurt sauce, Dahi wale aloo
- Crispy homemade samosa
- Aloo Kachori
- Tender cashew potato curry
- Amritsari aloo kulcha
- Healthy potatoes and fenugreek leaves stir fry - aloo methi
- Street-style dahi aloo chaat
- Simple potato stir fry with peanuts
- Tandoori aloo or potatoes
- Tarri Batata Poha
- Indian sliders or Vada Pav
Sweet Potato Recipes
If you are looking for a little different from potatoes to serve your kids, I would highly recommend these delicious and healthy low-carb sweet potatoes.
- Savory mashed sweet potato casserole
- Garlic-roasted sweet potatoes
- Dumplings with sweet potatoes
This a very common question to which I have multiple choices. You can make any of them from the list above, but for a filling dinner with only potatoes, I recommend aloo paratha (stuffed potato flatbread), potato au gratin, and pie.
Anything with potatoes is our favorite. But if I have to pick only three, it is crispy garlic roasted potatoes, samosa, and cajun spiced potatoes.
Best Potato Recipes | Simple ideas to cook potatoes
- 1 Pan
Easy Potato Stir Fry Recipe
- 3 Large potatoes, cut into desired shape or size
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- ½ cup Peanuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves or Parsley
Boil the potatoes
- Peel the skin of the potatoes, cut them into cubes and cook in your most preferred way (stovetop, pressure cooker, instant pot, or microwave).3 Large potatoes, cut into desired shape or size
Pan roasted potato fry
- Heat oil in pan. Add peanuts and continue to saute for another 2 minutes. Next, add green chilies and saute for one more minute.1 tablespoon Coconut oil, ½ cup Peanuts
- Add the cooked or boiled potatoes, salt to taste, lemon juice, and coriander leaves. Mix well.Juice of 1 lemon, Salt to taste, Coriander leaves or Parsley
- Now spread the potatoes evenly in the pan. Check out the video here. Cook on medium-high for 3 to 4 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Flip and cook for another 3 to 4 minutes or until potatoes become crispy as desired. Making this way will create a crispy layer on the outside with a creamy melt-in-mouth texture inside.
***Click below to save it on Pinterest***