If you are looking for a traditional Christmas dinner, vegetarian Christmas recipes, delicious holiday recipes for kids, or recipe ideas to spend a cozy Christmas eve with quick and easy dishes that are total crowd-pleasers, you are at the right place, I have covered you all. This is my collection of the very best Christmas food ideas and dinner menus. I have included appetizers, side dishes, starters, holiday bread, dinner casseroles, main dishes, and festive desserts.
You can also browse my bigger list of Christmas food ideas from around the world on my blog.
Easy Christmas Appetizers, Sides, and Starters
Appetizers, starters, and side dishes play a very important role at your holiday dinner table. We always start the dinner party with appetizers. If you are deciding on your Christmas menu and are looking for recipes to kick off your dinner party and set the mood up, you are at the perfect place.
I have a Christmas-themed platter, creamy salad, interesting potato recipes, salads, bite-sized treats, and more. Most of my recipes are vegetarian here, but I also have simple appetizer recipes for meat eaters too.
Let us know your favorite from our list.
This is not the end. I have more recipes that you can make for your Christmas dinner.
This section is about some of the best casserole recipes you can make for your Christmas lunch or dinner. Also, these casseroles are savory and make the best side with your main dish or roasted meat.
Some of my favorite holiday dinner casseroles include:
- Green bean casserole from scratch
- Cheesy eggplant casserole
- Savory sweet potato casserole
- Cheesy loaded cauliflower casserole
- Corn cheese casserole
- Hashbrown potato casserole
- Potato au gratin with goat cheese
Holidays are all about baking bread with your dear ones. Bake one of our delicious bread this festive season. I have shared only savory bread recipes here that go well with your Christmas dinner platter. If you are looking for cake, cinnamon rolls, and sticky buns, etc., then check this amazing list of Christmas desserts.
- Christmas Tree pull-apart bread
- Holiday cranberry pull-apart bread
- Dinner rolls or yeast rolls
- Buttermilk biscuits
- Vienna bread
- Parker house rolls
- Brioche bread and buns
- Rosemary garlic focaccia
Christmas Main Dishes
Christmas main dish or entree should be the star showstopper at your dinner table. My main dishes are not only simple but so delicious that it will be a super hit.
- Whole roasted cauliflower with garlic cream sauce
- Crispy roasted spatchcock chicken with vegetables
- Shrimp scampi pasta
- Black bean burgers
- Orange chicken with rice
- Butternut squash pasta (vegan)
- Fettuccine alfredo pasta
- Mac and cheese for kids
No matter how good your dinner was and how full you are, there is always room for desserts. I have already shared 50+ easy Christmas desserts, but if you are looking for traditional classic holiday desserts, then pick one from below.
- Eggless Christmas fruit and nut cake
- Classic holiday rum cake
- No-bake holiday fudge with peanut butter
- White chocolate fudge - festive-themed
- Pavlova cake dessert
- Persimmon apple pudding or American Christmas pudding
- Festive-themed strawberries and cream
- Cashew meringue cookies
- Raspberry white chocolate chip cookies
- Galette with berries and ice cream
I am not ending this list here. Stay tuned if you are interested to know what my next holiday recipe is. Until the end of December, I am going to post some of the best and easy to make holiday recipes on my blog.
My Christmas dinner tips
Plan your menu: plan your menu in advance. Ask for help. But if you are making everything alone, then keep your menu simple. In this way, you can make your grocery list and pick everything at once. Organize your fridge.
Make ahead as much as possible: Preparing some dishes in advance will avoid the stress on the day you are going to entertain your guests. Appetizers, salads, and main dishes taste best when served fresh, but you can prep all the ingredients needed to make it. Dinner casseroles and holiday desserts can be made in advance. I have given make-ahead instructions in each recipe.
Set the table: If you have purchased any fancy holiday-themed plates, dinnerware, wine glasses, or anything special to use on the big day, set the table the night before. This way at least you have one less task to worry about.
I want to take this chance to thank you all for your continuous support. I wish you all Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy new year.
Easy Christmas Recipes | Holiday Dinner Menu Ideas
- 1 Bowl
Sharing one special holiday potato sald recipe for dinner.
- 3 Potatoes, medium sized, boiled and diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Cucumber, chopped
- 2 tablespoon Fresh herb of your choice
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Sour cream
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Boil the potatoes with skin, peel, and then dice them. Boil any way you prefer. Just make sure they are cooked just until tender and not mushy.3 Potatoes, medium sized, boiled and diced
- In a bowl, add diced potatoes, cucumber, onion, cilantro, lemon juice, sour cream, mayonnaise (I have used homemade vegan mayo), pepper powder, salt to taste. Mix well.1 Onion, chopped, 1 Cucumber, chopped, 2 tablespoon Fresh herb of your choice, 2 teaspoon Lemon juice, 2 tablespoon Sour cream, ½ cup Mayonnaise, Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Cover and keep it in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving so that the flavors are well combined. check the video on the making of potato salad here.
Did you like this recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating below and/or a review in the comments section. You can also stay in touch with us through social media by following us on Pinterest, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.